Search engine visitors - click here to
access entire "$ensible Home" web
American Hardwood Species Selection Guide*
This guide lists useful information about 20 common types of American
hardwood. The following information is provide on each specie of hardwood
- Color Photos - shown with grain and across grain
- Distribution - geographic areas in the U.S. where this type of wood
- General Description - color, appearance of grain, etc.
- Working Properties - how well it can be machines and turned on a
lathe, accepts screws and nails, glues, accepts paint, etc.
- Physical Properties - strength, stiffness, shock resistance, etc.
- Availability - whether it is available as lumber and/or dimensional
- Main Uses - typical end uses of the wood species - furniture,
cabinets, floors, shutters, etc.
Glossary of hardwood terms
* Information is provided by the Hardwood Information Center.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Please click above on this sponsor's banner to see their unique products.
Their sponsorship allows me to continue to provide my web site for you.
Thank you for your support and for visiting my web site.