Search engine visitors - click here to
access entire "$ensible Home" web
Click to back to Main Tips List
Dulley's Money-Saving Tip #1009
Using your clothes dryer efficiently
(related column topic links - 444,
You can save a considerable amount of energy in your laundry room by using
your clothes less often and more efficiently -
- Always fill the clothes dryer to capacity, but do not overload it.
Overloading will increase drying time.
- Keep the screen in the dryer clean. Remove the lint after every load. Lint
buildup will impede the air flow through the dryer and increases drying time.
- Keep the outside exhaust vent of your clothes dryer clean. Check it
regularly. A clogged exhaust lengths the drying time and it can cause air leaks
into your home when the dryer is not running.
- If your dryer has an automatic dry cycle, use it. Overdrying merely wastes
- Dry your clothes in consecutive loads. Start-and-stop drying uses more
energy because a lot of heat goes into warming up the dryer to the desired
temperature each time you start it.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Please click above on this sponsor's banner to see their unique products.
Their sponsorship allows me to continue to provide my web site for you.
Thank you for your support and for visiting my web site.